April 7 is World Health Day. An initiative of the World Health Organization, World Health Day aims to highlight important health issues such as mental health and maternal and child care.
This year, the focus is on creating greater equality in the provision of health services across developing and developed countries. It’s a great opportunity for organisations to promote wellness at work.
Without further ado, here are some tips for celebrating World Health Day in your workplace:
- Encourage employees to practice self-care, whether that be having lunch in the sunshine or enjoying a coffee with a colleague.
- Run a lunchtime guided meditation session. You could do this in a virtual setting or in a communal area. There are plenty of guided meditations available online, such as this one.
- Have a mental health hour and encourage employees to block it out on their calendar. They could go for a walk, meditate, exercise or spend time in nature.
- Run a health and wellbeing workshop. It could be a healthy eating workshop with a celebrity chef or a session with a mindfulness expert on how to meditate – whatever will resonate with your people.
- Have management or company leaders share their own health journey.
From all of us at Moving Mindz, we hope you have a happy and healthy World Health Day!